GAF Cool Color Series shingles (all colors) and Timberline Lifetime energy star shingles by GAF are brilliant energy-saving breakthroughs that put cool roof technology to work . These solar reflective asphalt roofing shingles contain advanced colored granules that reflect the suns rays. This solar reflectance forms a barrier between the sun and your energy bills by reducing your roof’s temperature by as much as 20% during the hottest months of the year. And that means lower energy costs (as much as 20%) and greater savings over the life of your roof.As an advanced hybrid roofing material, GAF Cool Color Series combines the traditional beauty of asphalt shingles with the ecological benefits of cool-roof technology. The result is a long-lasting ENERGY STAR® rated product.
Blending ecological technology and innovative performance, GAF Cool Color roofing is more durable than traditional shingles. The reflective technology reduces “thermal shock,” the expansion and contraction of exterior building materials.
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) for cool roofs and meets the California Title 24 requirements for cool steep slope roofing
- Cool Color shingles may qualify for credits/points in LEED®, NAHB® and other “green” programs
- All colors meet ENERGY STAR standards for solar reflectance and thermal emissivity
GAF cool color series does qualify for the energy tax credit of up to $500 on 30% of the cost of the Solar Reflective Shingle material under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Combined with the savings on your energy bills, these roofs can actually almost pay for themselves in just a few years.
- Tax credit for 30% of the cost of energy-efficient products up to a lifetime cap of $500.
- The tax credit applies to the cost of materials only (not installation costs).
- At the present time, this credit is available for 2012.
- Homeowner must save receipts and provide a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement.
- IRS Tax Form 5695 (2009 version) is the form the homeowner will use to apply for the tax credit.